admissible[ad mis′ə bəl, əd-]
- A person who is let into the VIP section at a club is an example of someone who is admissible.
- Evidence that is let into a court case is an example of admissible.
The definition of admissible is a person or thing that is allowed or accepted.
- that can be properly accepted or allowed: admissible evidence
- that ought to be admitted
Origin of admissibleFrench ; from Medieval Latin admissibilis ; from Classical Latin admissus, past participle of admittere, admit
- Capable of being accepted; allowable: admissible evidence.
- Worthy of admission.
- ad·mis′si·bil′i·ty, ad·mis′si·ble·ness
(comparative more admissible, superlative most admissible)
From Middle French admissible