- The definition of admissible is a person or thing that is allowed or accepted.
- A person who is let into the VIP section at a club is an example of someone who is admissible.
- Evidence that is let into a court case is an example of admissible.
- that can be properly accepted or allowed: admissible evidence
- that ought to be admitted
Origin: French ; from Midieval Latin admissibilis ; from Classical Latin admissus, past participle of admittere, admit
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- That can be accepted; allowable: admissible evidence.
- Worthy of admission.
- ad·misˌsi·bilˈi·ty, ad·misˈsi·ble·ness noun
- ad·misˈsi·bly adverb