- The definition of unjust is something unfair or not morally right.
If an innocent man is found guilty because the police lied, this is an example of an unjust verdict.
- not just or right; unfair; contrary to justice
- Obsolete dishonest or unfaithful
- Being in violation of principles of justice or fairness; unfair: an unjust law.
- Acting in violation of such principles; unfair in one's dealings and actions: an unjust ruler.
- Archaic Faithless; dishonest.
(comparative more unjust, superlative most unjust)
Beware that unjust and injustice use different prefixes (French injustice was borrowed into English, but injuste was not). injust is archaic and unjustice is obsolete.