- The definition of injustice is something that is not fair or just.
An example of injustice is when an innocent person is sent to jail for a crime he did not commit.
- the quality of being unjust or unfair; lack of justice; wrong
- an unjust act; injury; wrong
Origin: OFr from Classical Latin injustitia
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Violation of another's rights or of what is right; lack of justice.
- A specific unjust act; a wrong.
Origin: Middle English, from Old French, from Latin iniūstitia, from iniūstus, unjust : in-, not; see in-1 + iūstus, just; see Just 1.