- When you drive your car faster than the speed limit, this is an example of a violation of the law.
- When you read someone's diary this is an example of a violation of privacy.
- infringement or breach, as of a law, rule, right, etc.
- sexual assault; rape
- desecration of something sacred, as a church
- interruption; disturbance
Origin of violationMiddle English violacion ; from Classical Latin violatio
violation - Legal Definition
- A breaking of the law; an infraction; a transgression.
- The act of breaching the law; contravening a duty or right.
- An offense against the public welfare.