(mis kar′ij, mis′kar′ij)
- failure to carry out what was intended: a miscarriage of justice
- failure of mail, freight, etc. to reach its destination
- the natural expulsion of an embryo or fetus from the womb before it is sufficiently developed to survive
See miscarriage in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- The spontaneous, premature expulsion of a nonviable embryo or fetus from the uterus. Also called spontaneous abortion.
- Bad administration; mismanagement: the miscarriage of the enterprise.
- A failure of administration or management: a miscarriage of justice.
Learn more about miscarriage