- failure to carry out what was intended: a miscarriage of justice
- failure of mail, freight, etc. to reach its destination
- the natural expulsion of an embryo or fetus from the womb before it is sufficiently developed to survive
- The spontaneous, premature expulsion of a nonviable embryo or fetus from the uterus. Also called spontaneous abortion .
- a. Bad administration; mismanagement: the miscarriage of the enterprise.b. A failure of administration or management: a miscarriage of justice.
miscarriage - Medical Definition