- Aggrieved means someone being harmed or treated poorly.
An example of someone who is aggrieved is an inmate who is abused by prison officials.
- Aggrieved defines a situation in which someone was not afforded the appropriate legal rights.
An example of someone who is aggrieved in legal terms is a person who is not read his Miranda rights upon arrest.
- The definition of aggrieved is someone who is distressed.
An example of someone who is aggrieved is a mother worrying about her sick child.
- having a grievance; wronged
- injured in one's legal rights
- Feeling distress or affliction.
- Treated wrongly; offended.
- Law Treated unjustly, as by denial of or infringement upon one's legal rights.
(comparative more aggrieved, superlative most aggrieved)
- Simple past tense and past participle of aggrieve.
aggrieved - Legal Definition
Variant of aggrieve