Origin of ruthlessMiddle English reutheles
Genghis Khan was a ruthless conquerer who expanded his Mongol Empire across Asia in the 13th century.
An example of ruthless is someone running over a dog with their car on purpose.
(comparative more ruthless, superlative most ruthless)
ruth +"Ž -less
- He could be ruthless, but was not habitually cruel.
- The "ablest and most ruthless of the Angevins," as J.
- Qatwali was as ruthless in battle as he was.
- The way they secure their positions is through the ruthless application of violence.
- The Goths showed themselves not absolutely ruthless conquerors.