Just a passing phase.
An example of phase is when you gradually introduce a new product or you phase in the new product over a few years.
We must reconsider every phase of the operation.
The white color phase of a weasel; the swarming phase of locusts.
A problem with many phases.
Ice is a phase of H2O.
The problem has many phases.
An example of a phase is the final part of a multiple part landscaping project.
An example of a phase is when you can the various shapes of the moon.
An example of phase is a period of time during which you are a teenager when you fight with your parents all the time.
- In a correlated or synchronized way.
- In an unsynchronized or uncorrelated way.
- In (or not in) a state of exactly parallel movements, oscillations, etc.; in (or not in) synchronization.
- To bring or come to an end, or withdraw from use, by stages.
Origin of phase
- Back-formation from New Latin phasēs phases of the moon from Greek phaseis pl. of phasis appearance from phainein to show bhā-1 in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition