- a loose gown worn in bed by women or girls
- Obs. a dressing gown
A loose garment worn in bed or for lounging. Also called nightdress .
- A garment mainly worn by women for sleeping in.
- She sat up, pulling the blanket around her nightgown and shivered.
- Warmth crawled up her neck as she grabbed her nightgown and pulled it over her head.
- She jerked her head up and stared at him, letting the nightgown fall loosely around her body.
- Slipping into the new nightgown, she slid between the sheets.
- His gaze dropped to her nightgown and his brows lifted.