- Having a score below zero.
- In debt.
- to make someone eager to spend it
- at a spot on or near the green that is as far as the hole is from where the ball was hit
- the act of getting the ball into the hole on the shot from the tee
- to hit the ball into the hole
Other Word Forms of Hole
Origin of Hole
Middle English from Old English hol kel-1 in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to hole using the buttons below.