Exactly is defined as done correctly and accurately.
An example of something done exactly is a project that meets every single one of the professor's requirements.
in an exact manner; accurately; correctly; precisely
used in affirmation, equivalent to “I agree” or “quite true”
- In an exact manner; accurately.
- In all respects; just: Do exactly as you please.
- As you say. Used to indicate agreement.
(comparative more exactly, superlative most exactly)
- (manner) without approximation; precisely.
- Measure exactly so we can be sure it is right.
- The edge is not exactly straight.
- (focus) Used to provide emphasis.
- It was exactly an Eastern gray squirrel.
- He divided the coins exactly in half.
- He did it that way exactly to prove the point.
- His complaint was exactly that she failed to meet the deadline by four days.
exact + -ly
- They weren't exactly best of friends.
- He knew exactly where to look.
- She quickly replaced the envelope with shaking hands, making sure it was in exactly the same position as she found it.
- What exactly do you all do there?
- He knew exactly what he wanted and I told him we would buy it for him.