Dealt is defined as something has been distributed.
An example of dealt is all players in a poker game have been given their cards.
Past tense and past participle of deal1
- simple past tense and past participle of deal
- ' The whole question is well dealt with by F.
- The more Damian dealt with them, the less he wanted to deal with them again.
- Violations, especially by those supplying alcohol to minors, should be dealt with severely.
- In 1 774 the governor of Virginia, Lord Dunmore, himself led a force over the mountains, and a body of militia under General Andrew Lewis dealt the Shawnee Indians under Cornstalk a crushing blow at Point Pleasant at the junction of the Kanawha and the Ohio rivers, but Indian attacks continued until after the War of Independence.
- Taxation laws must deal with only one subject of taxation; but customs and excise duties may, respectively, be dealt with together.