The definition of composed is calm.
An example of composed is a meditating monk.
Serenely self-possessed; calm: The speaker remained composed even when heckled. See Synonyms at cool.
(comparative more composed, superlative most composed)
- showing composure.
- simple past tense and past participle of compose
- "Half-Sister," Sarah corrected, her voice composed again.
- He looked startled for a moment, and then composed himself.
- Hopefully her voice sounded more composed than she felt.
- Denisov, with sparkling eyes and ruffled hair, sat at the clavichord striking chords with his short fingers, his legs thrown back and his eyes rolling as he sang, with his small, husky, but true voice, some verses called "Enchantress," which he had composed, and to which he was trying to fit music:
- On the salver lay some verses composed and printed in the hero's honor.