brisk + -ly
The definition of briskly is something done in a quick, busy manner.
When you walk along very quickly and energetically to avoid the cold, this is an example of when you walk briskly.
- He knocked on the door briskly and opened the door, motioning Brady in.
- Number one jumped briskly aside.
- "Good morning, lads!" said the count briskly and loudly.
- He felt this in the looks of the soldiers who, marching in regular ranks briskly and gaily, were escorting him and the other criminals; he felt it in the looks of an important French official in a carriage and pair driven by a soldier, whom they met on the way.
- Count Rostov at the back of the crowd was expressing approval; several persons, briskly turning a shoulder to the orator at the end of a phrase, said: