- an attaining or being attained
- anything attained, as an acquired skill; accomplishment
- Working on a Ph.D. is an example of an attainment.
- The receipt of a Ph.D. after years of study is an attainment.
The definition of attainment is an act of achieving or getting something or something that is achieved or acquired.
- The act of attaining or the condition of being attained.
- Something, such as an accomplishment or achievement, that is attained.
- His object is the attainment of truth in matters of fact.
- But there is still a higher attainment; it is not enough to be sinless, one must become " God."
- There never was or could have been such an aim, for it would have been senseless and its attainment quite impossible.
- The attainment of independence freed the island from this debt, and from enormous contemplated additions to cover the expense incurred by Spain during the last insurrection.
- As a believer in the progression of the human race, he placed the principle of moral approbation in the attainment of perfection.