- an accomplishing or being accomplished; completion
- something accomplished or done successfully; work completed; achievement
- a social art or skill: usually used in pl.
The definition of an accomplishment is something that has been completed with skill or expertise.
Graduating with a doctoral degree is an example of an accomplishment.
- The act of accomplishing or the state of being accomplished; completion: The accomplishment of this task has taken months.
- Something carried out or completed successfully; an achievement: She was honored for her many accomplishments as a researcher.
- An acquired skill or refinement: a singer known for his accomplishment in vocal technique.
- The act of accomplishing; entire performance; completion; fulfillment; as, the accomplishment of an enterprise, of a prophecy, etc.
- That which completes, perfects, or equips thoroughly; acquirement; attainment; that which constitutes excellence of mind, or elegance of manners, acquired by education or training.
- Something accomplished; an achievement.
- First attested in the early 15th century.
- (completes, perfects, equips): First attested around 1600.
- accomplish + -ment
- From Old French accomplissement, from accomplir
- What an accomplishment that is!
- To me, the sense of accomplishment was overwhelming.
- Considering the things you say you did, that was an accomplishment in itself.
- The pace of innovation and accomplishment is already fast but will grow even faster.
- A strong Sweden was necessary to the accomplishment of his plans.