- a culminating; reaching of the highest or lowest altitude or point
- the highest point; zenith; climax
The culmination is defined as the highest point, or the thing you have been working or aiming towards.
The promotion to President that you finally get after many years of hard work is an example of the culmination of your years of efforts.
From French culmination
- That's the culmination of the thirty day trial.
- The Lion, as the symbol of fire, L represented the culmination of the solar heat.
- The 4th century marks the culmination of early Christian preaching.
- From the above-mentioned tables of culmination in the tombs of Rameses VI.
- The tenth contraction usually exhibits the culmination of this so-called "staircase effect."