- Width is defined as the quality of being wide, or the measurement of distance from side to side.
An example of width is a 36" measurement for a table's wideness.
- the fact, quality, or condition of being wide; wideness
- the size of something in terms of how wide it is; distance from side to side
- a piece of something of a certain width: two widths of cloth
Origin: from wide, by analogy with length, breadth
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state, quality, or fact of being wide.
- The measurement of the extent of something from side to side.
- A piece of material measured along its smaller dimension or its crosswise grain, especially a piece of fabric measured from selvage to selvage.
Origin: wide + -th2.