- Baseball batter
- Cricket the player whose turn it is to bat
The player at bat in cricket and baseball.
- (cricket) A player of the batting side now on the field
- (cricket) The player now receiving strike; the striker
- 2001: The batsman, Kathryn Leng, (who has played for quite a few years for England) asked the umpire dumbfounded if Charlie was going to bowl with a helmet on. — Julia Price (Australian cricketer), her women's Ashes diary entry for 19 June 2001
- (cricket) Any player selected for his or her team principally to bat, as opposed to a bowler
The term batsman is applied to both male and female cricketers; batswoman is much rarer.