- a person or animal that walks; specif., a contestant in a walking race
- a frame on wheels that encircles and supports a baby who is learning to walk
- a tubular frame used by convalescents, the disabled, etc. as a support in standing and walking
- treadmill (sense )
- a shoe made specifically for use by a person who walks for exercise
- One that walks, especially a contestant in a footrace.
- A frame device used to support someone, such as an infant learning to walk or a convalescent learning to walk again.
- A shoe specially designed for walking comfortably.
- The agent noun of to walk: a person who walks or a thing which walks, especially a pedestrian or a participant in a walking race.
- A walking frame.
- (often in the plural) A shoe designed for comfortable walking.
- A person who walks (waulks) cloth, that is, who fulls it.
- A male escort who accompanies a woman to an event.
Middle English walkere, from Old English wealcere.