An example of a footer is the page number listed along with your last name.
- footing (noun)
- in word processing, a line or lines of text, typically consisting of the topic, date, page number, etc., printed at the bottom of each page of a document
- One that is an indicated number of feet in height or length. Often used in combination: a six-footer.
- Textual information, such as a title, date, or page number, positioned in the bottom margin of a page and usually repeated throughout a document.
- See footing.
- (computing) A line of information printed at the bottom of a page as identification of the document (compare foot, 12).
- (in combination) something that is a stated number of feet in some dimension - such as a six-footer.
- (in combination) someone who has a preference for a certain foot - such as right-footer/left-footer
- (chiefly UK, slang) football / soccer.
(third-person singular simple present footers, present participle footering, simple past and past participle footered)
- (Ireland, slang) To meddle with or pass time without accomplishing anything meaningful.
footer - Computer Definition
In a document or report, common text that appears at the bottom of every page. It usually contains the page number.