- The definition of walk in is an area large enough that you can actually step inside and move about, rather than just reach in with your hands.
An example of a walk in is a closet where you can step inside to pick out your clothes.
- Walk in is a person, such as a customer or a job applicant, who enters someplace without an appointment.
An example of a walk in is a person who comes to a hair salon without having an appointment first and just waits until a stylist is free to cut his hair.
An empty walk-in closet.
walk-in definition by Webster's New World
- large enough for one to walk inside: a walk-in closet
- that can be entered directly from the street rather than through a lobby
- designating or of a public agency, medical clinic, etc. which accepts anyone who walks in without an appointment; also, of such a person
- a walk-in closet, apartment, etc.
- an easily won victory
- a person who walks in, as to a clinic, without an appointment
walk-in definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Large enough to admit entrance: a walk-in closet.
- Located so as to be entered directly from the street: a walk-in apartment.
- A room large enough to admit entrance.
- An easily won victory, especially in an election.
- Slang a. One who walks in without having an appointment.b. One, such as a spy, who initiates defection from one's own country to another, usually hostile country, without having been encouraged to do so.