- An example of visage is when you have a shapely nose and a strong jaw line.
- An example of visage is when you make a cheerful expression.
Visage is the form or structure of a person's face, or is a person's facial expression.
- the face, with reference to the form and proportions of the features or to the expression; countenance
- appearance; aspect
Origin of visageMiddle English from Old French from vis, a face from Classical Latin visus, a look, a seeing from past participle of videre, to see: see vision
- The face or facial expression of a person; countenance.
- Appearance; aspect: the bleak visage of winter.
Origin of visageMiddle English from Old French from vis from Latin vīsus appearance from past participle of vidēre to see ; see weid- in Indo-European roots.