Many visas stamped on a passport.
- The definition of a visa is a mark on a passport to show that a person can enter a country.
An example of a visa is a mark placed on a passport allowing a person from Germany to enter and temporarily visit in the United States.
- Visa is defined as to give a passport mark allowing one to enter a country.
An example of visa is to give the authorization for an Italian citizen to enter the United States for travel.
Origin of visaFrench ; from Classical Latin feminine of visus, past participle of videre, to see: see vision
- to put a visa on (a passport)
- to give a visa to (someone)
transitive verbvi·saed, vi·sa·ing, vi·sas
- To endorse or ratify (a passport).
- To give a visa to.
Origin of visaFrench, short for Latin (carta) v&imacron;sa, (the document has been) seen, from feminine past participle of vid&emacron;re, to see; see weid- in Indo-European roots.
- a credit card company
- Visa card