Many visas stamped on a passport.
- The definition of a visa is a mark on a passport to show that a person can enter a country.
An example of a visa is a mark placed on a passport allowing a person from Germany to enter and temporarily visit in the United States.
- Visa is defined as to give a passport mark allowing one to enter a country.
An example of visa is to give the authorization for an Italian citizen to enter the United States for travel.
Origin of visaFrench from Classical Latin feminine of visus, past participle of videre, to see: see vision
transitive verb-·saed, -·sa·ing
- to put a visa on (a passport)
- to give a visa to (someone)
transitive verbvi·saed, vi·sa·ing, vi·sas
- To endorse or ratify (a passport).
- To give a visa to.
Origin of visaFrench short for Latin (carta) vīsa (the document has been) seen from feminine past participle of vidēre to see ; see weid- in Indo-European roots.
- a credit card company
- Visa card