- The definition of a mug is a heavy drinking cup that usually has a handle, or a slang term for the face or mouth.
- An example of a mug is a cup for drinking coffee.
- An example of a mug is a frown.
- Mug is defined as to attack someone, particularly to rob him or her, or is slang for making faces in front of the camera.
- An example of mug is to steal a person's wallet.
- An example of mug is for a little boy to make a scary face while his mom is taking his picture.
mug definition by Webster's New World
- a heavy drinking cup of earthenware or metal, having a handle and formerly often ornamented with a human face
- as much as a mug will hold
- the face
- the mouth
- a grimace
- a rough, ugly person; ruffian, thug, etc.
- ☆ mug shot
Origin: probably ; from Scandinavian as in Swedish mugg
- to assault usually with intent to rob
- ☆ Slang to photograph; esp., to photograph (a person under arrest) for police records
- to assault a person, usually with intent to rob
- to make a grimace
- Theater to overact by exaggerated facial expressions
mug definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- A heavy cylindrical drinking cup usually having a handle.
- The amount that such a cup can hold.
Origin: Perhaps of Scandinavian origin.
- Informal a. The human face.b. The area of the human mouth, chin, and jaw.c. A grimace.d. A mug shot.
- A thug; a hoodlum.
- Chiefly British Slang A victim or dupe.
- Informal To photograph (a person's face) for police files.
- To threaten or assault (a person) with the intent to rob: arrested the thief who mugged the tourists.
Origin: Probably from mug1 (possibly in allusion to mugs decorated with grotesque faces).
mug - Computer Definition
(Macintosh User Group) There are many Macintosh user groups throughout the world. For helpful information and many resources, visit www.mugcenter.com. See user group.