The definition of a mug is a heavy drinking cup that usually has a handle, or a slang term for the face or mouth.noun
- An example of a mug is a cup for drinking coffee.
- An example of a mug is a frown.
Mug is defined as to attack someone, particularly to rob him or her, or is slang for making faces in front of the camera.verb
- An example of mug is to steal a person's wallet.
- An example of mug is for a little boy to make a scary face while his mom is taking his picture.
- a heavy drinking cup of earthenware or metal, having a handle and formerly often ornamented with a human face
- as much as a mug will hold
- the face
- the mouth
- a grimace
- a rough, ugly person; ruffian, thug, etc.
- ☆ mug shot
Origin: prob. < Scand, as in Swed mugg
- to assault usually with intent to rob
- ☆ Slang to photograph; esp., to photograph (a person under arrest) for police records
- to assault a person, usually with intent to rob
- to make a grimace
- Theater to overact by exaggerated facial expressions
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A heavy cylindrical drinking cup usually having a handle.
- The amount that such a cup can hold.
Origin: Perhaps of Scandinavian origin.
- Informal a. The human face.b. The area of the human mouth, chin, and jaw.c. A grimace.d. A mug shot.
- A thug; a hoodlum.
- Chiefly British Slang A victim or dupe.
- Informal To photograph (a person's face) for police files.
- To threaten or assault (a person) with the intent to rob: arrested the thief who mugged the tourists.
Origin: Probably from mug1 (possibly in allusion to mugs decorated with grotesque faces).
mug - Computer Definition
(Macintosh User Group) There are many Macintosh user groups throughout the world. For helpful information and many resources, visit www.mugcenter.com. See user group.
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.