The definition of venomous is a snake or other animal that can transmit or inject dangerous serum, or a person or behavior that is mean, malicious or spiteful.adjective
- A boa constrictor is an example of a venomous snake.
- A person who spreads untrue gossip just to be mean is an example of someone who is venomous.
- containing or full of venom; poisonous
- malignant; spiteful; malicious
- Zool. having a poison gland or glands and able to inflict a poisonous wound by biting or stinging
Origin: ME venimous < OFr venimeux
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a. Secreting and transmitting venom: a venomous snake.b. Full of or containing venom.
- Malicious; spiteful: a venomous remark. See Synonyms at poisonous.
- venˈom·ous·ly adverb
- venˈom·ous·ness noun