- An example of malignant is a plan to do you harm.
- An example of malignant is a cancerous tumor that is growing.
The definition of malignant is something evil or intending harm, a tumor that is spreading, or a disease that is invasive.
- having an evil influence; malign
- wishing evil; very malevolent or malicious
- very harmful, dangerous, or virulent
- causing or likely to cause death
- not benign; specif., cancerous
- Obs. malcontent; rebellious; disaffected
Origin of malignantLate Latin malignans (gen. malignantis), present participle of malignare: see malign
Archaic a malcontent
- Medicine a. Tending to metastasize: a malignant tumor.b. Virulent or threatening to life: a malignant disease.
- Having or showing ill will; malicious: malignant thoughts.
(comparative more malignant, superlative most malignant)