A triat is having blue eyes.
- An example of a trait is the tendency politicians have to exaggerate.
- An example of a trait is blue eyes.
Trait is a characteristic you inherit or a distinguishing characteristic or feature.
- a distinguishing quality or characteristic, as of personality
- character (noun)
- Rare a stroke, trace, or touch
Origin of traitFr, a draft, line, stroke from Classical Latin tractus, past participle of trahere, to draw
- A distinguishing feature, as of a person's character. See Synonyms at quality.
- A morphological, physiological, or behavioral feature of an organism.
- Archaic A short line or mark made with a writing or drawing implement.
Origin of traitFrench pull, stroke, line, feature from Old French from Latin tractus a drawing out, line ; see tract1.
From Middle French, from Latin tractus.