- Throb is defined as a rapid beat, pulsating or vibrating.
An example of a throb is a pounding of the heart.
- Throb means to vibrate, pulsate or beat quickly.
An example of throb is for a wound to pound with pain.
throb definition by Webster's New World
- to beat, pulsate, vibrate, etc.
- to beat strongly or fast; palpitate, as the heart under exertion
- to feel or express emotion; quiver with excitement
Origin: Middle English throbben, probably of echoic origin, originally
- the act of throbbing
- a beat or pulsation, esp. a strong one of the heart
throb definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb throbbed throbbed, throb·bing, throbs
- To beat rapidly or violently, as the heart; pound.
- To vibrate, pulsate, or sound with a steady pronounced rhythm: boat engines throbbing.
Origin: Middle English throbben, of imitative origin.
- throbˈbing·ly adverb
throb - Medical Definition