- the act of oscillating
- fluctuation; instability; variation
- repeated variation in the value of some physical quantity, as position or voltage
- a single instance or cycle of such a variation
Origin of oscillationClassical Latin oscillatio
- a. The action of oscillating.b. The state of being oscillated.
- A single oscillatory cycle.
Oscillation of a clock pendulum takes it from point a to point b and back to a. The dashed red line is the position of the pendulum at rest.
- the act of oscillating or the state of being oscillated
- a regular periodic fluctuation in value about some mean
- a single such cycle
- (mathematics) (of a function) defined for each point in the domain of the function by , and describes the difference (possibly âˆž) between the limit superior and limit inferior of the function near that point.