- The definition of streamlined is something made to move freely and efficiently, or something having a design that minimizes air or water resistance.
- An example of streamlined is a plan to get from one place to another without any need for stopping.
- An example of streamlined is the design of a jet plane to fly through the air.
streamlined definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- having a contour designed to offer the least resistance in moving through air, water, etc.
- ☆ arranged or organized so as to be simpler or more efficient
- with no excess, as of fat, decoration, etc.; trim: a streamlined figure or design
streamlined definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Designed or arranged to offer the least resistance to fluid flow.b. Reduced to essentials; lacking anything extra.c. Effectively organized or simplified: a streamlined method of production.
- Having flowing, graceful lines; sleek: a streamlined convertible.
- Improved in appearance or efficiency; modernized.
Variant of streamline
- the path, or a section of the path, of a fluid moving past a solid object
- a contour with reference to its resistance, as to air