- a small dagger, having a slender, tapering blade
- a small, sharp-pointed instrument used for making eyelet holes in cloth, etc.
- a high, very thin heel on a woman's shoein full stiletto heel
Origin of stilettoIt, diminutive of stilo, dagger ; from Classical Latin stilus: see style
nounpl. sti·let·tos or sti·let·toes
- a. A small dagger with a slender, tapering blade.b. Something shaped like such a dagger.
- A small, sharp-pointed instrument used for making eyelet holes in needlework.
Origin of stilettoItalian, diminutive of stilo, dagger, from Latin stilus, stylus, spike.
- Sharp and narrow like a stiletto.
- Her stiletto heels would cause damage if she ever stepped on someone's foot with them.
(plural stilettos or stilettoes or stiletti)