- An example of stature is seven feet tall.
- An example of stature is the status earned by being a company's CEO.
Stature is the height of a person, animal or thing or the level achieved by a person.
- the height of a person, or sometimes an animal, in a natural standing position
- development, growth, or level of attainment, esp. as worthy of esteem: moral stature
Origin of statureMiddle English from Old French estature from Classical Latin statura, height or size of body from statuere: see statue
- The natural height of a human or animal in an upright position.
- An achieved level; status.
Origin of statureMiddle English from Old French from Latin statūra ; see stā- in Indo-European roots.
- A person or animal's natural height when standing upright.
- Respect coming from achievement or development.
From Old French stature, from Latin statÅ«ra.