- designating or of one of the major geographical varieties of human beings, including most of the peoples of Asia, the Eskimos, the North American Indians, etc., who are generally characterized by straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and relatively small stature
- of or affected with Down syndrome
- a member of the Mongoloid population of human beings
- a person affected with Down syndrome
- Of or being a human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin, straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. No longer in scientific use. See Usage Note at Negroid.
- Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
- also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
- A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. No longer in scientific use.
- also mongoloid Offensive A person with Down syndrome.
- (anthropology) A member of the racial classification of humanity composed of peoples native to North Asia, East Asia, Pacific Oceania, and Greenland, as well as their diaspora in other parts of the world.
- (dated) Someone with Down syndrome.
- (offensive) Idiot, retard - general term of abuse, due to association with Down syndrome.
Due to associations with both old racial (racist) theories (just as with Caucasoid, Negroid), and due to associations with Down syndrome, the term is often offensive.