- Rare Mongolian
- designating or of one of the major geographical varieties of human beings, including most of the peoples of Asia, the Eskimos, the North American Indians, etc., who are generally characterized by straight black hair, dark eyes with epicanthic folds, and relatively small stature: loosely called the yellow race
- designating or affected with Down syndrome
- a member of the Mongoloid population of human beings
- a person affected with Down syndrome
See Mongoloid in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Anthropology Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. See Usage Note at race1.
- Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
- also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
- Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification.
- also mongoloid Offensive A person affected with Down syndrome.
Learn more about Mongoloid