- a special quality, feature, point, characteristic, etc.
- a thing specialized in; special interest, field of study or professional work, etc.
- the state of being special
- an article or class of article characterized by special features, superior quality, novelty, etc.: a bakery whose specialty is pie
- Law a special contract, obligation, agreement, etc. under seal, or a contract by deed
Origin of specialtyMiddle English specialte from Old French especialté
- designating or of a store or stores that specialize in selling certain types of goods or to certain types of customers
- of such goods or customers