- Solely is defined as something done for only one reason, or something done without others involved.
If you choose a college for only one single reason- that it is a party school- this is an example of a time when you chose a college solely because it was a party school.
- without another or others; alone: to be solely to blame
- only, exclusively, merely, or altogether: to read solely for pleasure
- Alone; singly: solely responsible.
- Entirely; exclusively: did it solely for love.
sole +"Ž -ly