The definition of barely is something that is just enough, with nothing left over.adverb
If you have five dollars and lunch costs five dollars that is an example that you can barely pay for lunch.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
- without covering or disguise; plainly: stating the unpleasant facts barely
- only just; no more than: barely enough to eat
- meagerly; scantily: a barely furnished room
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- By a very little; hardly: could barely see the road in the fog.
- In a scanty manner; sparsely: a barely furnished room.