- Simply is defined as done in a plain or simple way, or completely.
- An example of simply as an adverb is making a quilt with only a few stiches; I simply made this quilt with only a few stitches.
- An example of simply as an adverb is to really like everything about something; I simply love that gown!
simply definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- in a simple manner; with simplicity
- merely; only; just: simply trying to help
- absolutely; completely: I was simply furious
simply definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. In a plain and unadorned way: dresses simply.b. In an unambiguous way; clearly: explained the concept simply.
- Not wisely or sensibly; foolishly.
- Merely; only: It is simply a matter of time.
- Absolutely; altogether: simply delicious.
- Frankly; candidly: You are, quite simply, the best candidate for the job.