- Absolutely is defined as totally and completely, or with certainty.
An example of someone being absolutely silent would be someone not making any sound at all.
completely or unconditionally
yes: used for emphasis
- a. Without qualification or restriction; completely: The substance was absolutely pure.b. Used as an intensive: I absolutely love that restaurant. That's absolutely ridiculous.
- As you say. Used to indicate agreement.
- Grammar a. In a manner that does not take an object.b. In an absolute relationship.
- Absolutely is not to be confused with intensives such as very or indeed, as it is an unconditional term.