- An example of when you might use the expression "so-and-so" is when someone at a party told you that the stock market was crashing but you don't remember her name. You might say "so-and-so said the stock market is crashing."
- An example of so-and-so is when you call someone a stupid so-and-so.
- An unnamed or unspecified person or thing.
- Informal A son of a gun.
- (idiomatic) A placeholder name for a person or thing, used when a name is not known; a generic name.
- She told me to ask so-and-so, but he didn't know, either.
- Some thing or things.
- He will tell you to do so-and-so, but read the instructions first, anyway.
- (euphemistic) Used for epithets such as SOB, bastard, etc..
- That miserable so-and-so messed up my work!
(plural so and sos)
- Alternative spelling of so-and-so.