- Serial describes something that forms a series or is produced in multiple parts.
- An example of a serial book is The Magician's Nephew as part of the series Chronicles of Narnia.
- An example of a serial crime is someone repeatedly robbing five banks in the same way within a year.
- The definition of a serial is something written or performed in parts.
An example of a serial is the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.
A book can be serial.
- of, arranged in, or forming a series: serial numbers
- appearing, published, issued, etc. in a series or succession of continuous parts at regular intervals
- of a serial or serials: serial rights to a novel
- committing an act, usually a criminal act, repeatedly and, typically, compulsively: a serial murderer
- of or for the transmission of a byte of data one bit at a time, over a single wire: a serial port
- having to do with the performing of multiple operations one after the other: serial processing
- designating or of a technique of composition in which various components of music, as pitch, rhythm, dynamics, etc., are arranged in an arbitrary order (a row or set) which serves as a basis for development
- loosely twelve-tone
Origin of serialModern Latin serialis ; from Classical Latin series, a row, order, series
- a novel, story, film, etc. published or presented in serial form
- any of the separate parts or episodes
- a periodical publication
- Of, forming, or arranged in a series.
- a. Published or produced in installments, as a novel or television drama.b. Relating to such publication or production.
- Relating to or engaging in a series of similar acts or behaviors: serial arson; a serial procrastinator.
- Music Relating to or based on a row of tones, especially the 12 pitches of the chromatic scale.
- Computers a. Of or relating to the sequential transmission of all the bits of a byte over one wire: a serial port; a serial printer.b. Of or relating to the sequential performance of multiple operations: serial processing.
serial - Computer Definition
One after the other.