stratification[strat′ə fi kā′s̸hən]
- Stratification is the dividing of people or things into different groups or layers.
When a society becomes rigidly divided along class lines and people of upper classes move further and further away from lower classes, this is an example of social stratification.
- the process of stratifying or the state of being stratified
- a stratified arrangement or appearance
- Geol. a structure characterized by a succession of tabular layers, beds, strata, etc.
- a. Formation or deposition of layers, as of rock or sediments.b. The condition of being stratified.
- A layered configuration.
stratum +"Ž -ification