- past participle of rise
Even though the temperature had risen significantly, Cooper still needed to wear a sweater on his walk.
- An example of risen is the temperature going from 68 degrees to 85 degrees.
- An example of risen is a balloon being carried higher into the sky.
Risen is something that has stood up, increased or gone to a higher place.
- Babylonia had risen into supreme importance for Jewish life at about the time when the Mishnah was completed.
- (iii.) We have New Testament reports of appearances of the risen Jesus; subjective?
- Latham's The Risen Lord and R.
- The bed of the river was found to have risen at least 20 ft.
- But I refused the permission which Becket solicited of reprinting it; the public curiosity was imperfectly satisfied by a pirated copy of the booksellers of Dublin; and when a copy of the original edition has been discovered in a sale, the primitive value of half-a-crown has risen to the fanciful price of a guinea or thirty shillings."