- a person or thing that rises; specif., a person who gets up after sleep in a specified way: an early riser
- any of the vertical pieces between the steps in a stairway
- a vertical pipe as for the flow of a liquid or gas
- One who rises, especially from sleep: a late riser.
- The vertical part of a stair step.
- A platform, as for elevating a group of people above a crowd, often arranged with similar platforms in tiers.
- Someone or something which rises.
- A platform or stand used to lift or elevate something.
- The choir stood on risers for the performance.
- The vertical part of a step on a staircase.
- (archery) The main body of a bow.
- A conduit or path between floors of a building for placement of telephone, networking, and other utility cables.
- A Manx cat with an extremely short tail.
rise +"Ž -er