- (US) Present participle of recognize.
Recognizing is the act of noticing or being aware of something or someone who is already known.
An example of recognizing is seeing a person in a crowd who you haven't seen for years.
- Yully looked around curiously, not recognizing the sloping hill before them.
- She frowned, not recognizing the voice.
- Makes recognizing anyone a tad more difficult.
- Startled, Bianca turned to face the doorway, recognizing the petite blonde woman who saved her from Dusty's bullet in Talon's garage.
- Darian eyed him warily, not recognizing him, before he knelt beside her again.