- (US) Present participle of recognize.
Recognizing is the act of noticing or being aware of something or someone who is already known.
An example of recognizing is seeing a person in a crowd who you haven't seen for years.
- Yully looked around curiously, not recognizing the sloping hill before them.
- She frowned, not recognizing the voice.
- He nodded immediately, recognizing his own magic.
- She blinked and turned at the voice, not recognizing the American nerd until her vision cleared.
- Makes recognizing anyone a tad more difficult.