- extend de facto recognition to
- extend de jure recognition to
- extend formal recognition to
- exchange diplomatic representatives
- have diplomatic relations with
Origin of Recognize
Middle English recognisen to resume possession of land alteration (influenced by Medieval Latin recognizāre to recognize) of Old French reconoistre reconoiss- to know again from Latin recognōscere re- re- cognōscere to get to know gnō- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
From Latin recognoscere, first attested in the 16th century. Displaced native English acknow (“to recognize, to perceive as"), compare German erkennen.
From re- + cognize
Find Similar Words
Find similar words to recognize using the buttons below.