An example of forget is to leave your jacket at a friend’s house.
An example of forget is to be unable to remember your first kiss.
Don't forget to write.
Let's forget our differences.
An example of forget is to stop holding a grudge against a brother.
Forget one's family.
Let's forgive and forget.
Forgot about my dental appointment.
- To lose one's reserve, temper, or self-restraint.
- never mind! it doesn't matter!
- to think only of others; be altruistic or unselfish
- to behave in an improper or unseemly manner
Origin of forget
- Middle English forgeten from Old English forgietan ghend- in Indo-European roots
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition