(third-person singular simple present recognises, present participle recognising, simple past and past participle recognised)
- To match something or someone which one currently perceives to a memory of some previous encounter with the same entity.
- To acknowledge the existence or legality of something; treat as worthy of consideration or valid.
- The US and a number of EU countries are expected to recognise Kosovo on Monday.
- To acknowledge or consider as something.
- To realise or discover the nature of something; apprehend quality in; realise or admit that.
- To give an award.