- Present participle of identify.
Identifying is defined as making the same, recognizing, connecting or empathizing.
An example of identifying is matching up plants with their biological names.
- His gaze bored into hers, immediately identifying the source of her apprehension.
- "You realize that might mean identifying ourselves," I told her.
- Identifying his magic, she avoided it and began to draw from the others.
- Meissner may be right in identifying it with " the Canal of the Sun-god " of the early texts.
- There is no ground for identifying him with the Clement of Phil.